Workshop (to be) held on 2016/05/19 at 18:00 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
Tasks that could be closed?
- Figure out why nagios-apid sometimes stalls on monitor
- Find out why Auth isn't sending 304 Not Modified in response to node config requests
- Ensure cdp/lldpad-tool works on all servers so each interface's switchport info can be recorded.
- stop node:/etc/sown/firewall/setup.sh stopping hostap on remote fw config change
Tasks that can be progressed
- Create Ubuntu 16.04 build image for VMS
- Create new switch map for SOWN switch
- Add ability to change title and add comments to todo list tasks
Tasks that require further discussion
- Improve security of our OpenWRT packages
- Consider the repercussions of allowing 3rd party configured nodes
- Add support for client isolation on wireless interface.
- Allow node config to specify additional DNS servers for selected domains and make this configurable from the admin site
- swap 'sown' and 'atheros' packages trees on the public website once all nodes have the config
- Check/add support for IPv6 on nodes where host network supports IPv6.
- Consider reorganising node's crontab so jobs do not collide
- Consider how node's configuration can be tweaked to support wet bits of string
Tasks that require further investigation
- Investigate why syslog is so flaky on Chestnut Road (#302)
- Investigate whether usage stats for deployments get deleted after 3 months?
- Investigate using LetsEncrypt for www.sown and www.suws certificates
- Investigate whether vpnserver.crt is actually being used by anything anymore
Tasks dependent on other tasks
- Build VM on sown-vms as a new-style package management server on its existing addresses
- We should sort out a Ubuntu 16.04 image first