Notes for sown-gw upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04
Before starting upgrade
1. Make sure all eth interfaces are added appropriately to 70-persistent-net.rules
2. Amend the following line in /etc/default/grub and then run update-grub.
3. Stop keepalived and disabled in systemd or update-rc.d (as appropriate)
After upgrade to 16.04 and reboot
- Check keepalived has not restarted unexpectedly.
- Make sure both v4 and v6 firewalls are loaded.
After upgrade to 18.04 and reboot
- Make sure both v4 and v6 firewalls are still loaded.
- Check version of keepalived now installed.
- Increase the priority of gw in /etc/default/keepalived
- Re-enable and start keepalived on gw
- Stop and disable keepalived on gw2.
- Ensure gw has picked up the appropriate floating addresses.
- Move compiled keepalived out of the way on gw2
- Install keepalived from APT on gw2.
- Make sure keepalived starts and is enabled to restart on reboot on gw2.
- Reset the keepalived priority of gw and restart keepalived.
- Check gw2 picks up the floating addresses.
- Maybe do some further testing by altering the keepalived priorities to check gw will take back the floating addresses.