Sown Node Setup
This project covers how to go about setup up a piece of Wi-Fi Hardware to make it work as a SOWN node. The following hardware has been used to build SOWN nodes.
- Meraki Mini (inc. Meraki Mini Outdoor)
- OpenMesh OM1P / MR3201A
- OpenMesh OM2P
- OpenMesh MR500
- GL.iNet AR150
- GL.iNet GL-MiFi
- TP-Link Archer C7
- PC Engines ALIX 2C2 (with various Mini PCIe wireless cards)
- PC Engines ALIX 2D3 (with various Mini PCIe wireless cards)
- PC Engines APU1C (with various Mini PCIe wireless cards)
Some of these devices have been manually configured to behave like a SOWN node and others are more integrated into the SOWN infrastructure; they have be flashed with the SOWN(at)Home Node Firmware, been setup using the Sown Node Setup Script and can be administered fromm the Admin Site. This page provides instructions how to go about setting up pa node in one of these two ways.
Using SOWN(at)Home Node Firmware
To be written
Bespoke SOWN Node Setup
These instructions are intended as a generic guide of any device. Yous should look at the device page itself to check for any different or additional things you might need to do.
1. Add the device as a node at:
- see the device page for the range of number from which you should choose the box number from
- If you want it to appear in Icinga you will need to add a deployment for the node at:
2. Login to Auth2 and add the certificate by running the following script:
- You will need to know the CA password to do this. This is the new SOWN password.
3. Restart OpenVPN for the appropriate server on Auth2 to bring up the VPN TAP interface for the new node. To determine this look up the port number for your node from https://sown-auth2.ecs.soton.ac.uk/admin/nodes/ and then do a grep over /etc/openvpn/server*
grep 50XX /etc/openvpn/server* sudo /etc/init.d/openvpn restart serverYY