Sown-www is SOWN's public webserver. Hosting the production and pre-production/development version of the public website.
It has a 2.60GHz Intel Xeon E5-2670 processor with 2GiB2,048 MiB
of memory and a 40GiB40,960 MiB
hard disk. It has 2x Gigabit virtual network interfaces. It is housed within a VMWare Virtual Server case located at Astro House VMWare Cluster (iSolutions/VMware).
The server's operating system is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS running on Linux Kernel 4.4.0-xx-generic (x86_64).
The server also has the following software installed on it:
- Public website
- Node setup proxy
- Document storage (public and private)
- IRC ops management
- SOWN enquiries system
- SOWN node admin management system
This server is no longer on the SOWN VLAN for security reasons as ports 80 and 443 are globally accessible.
This server is also connected to an ECS DMZ VLAN, with the IP addresses:
Its DNS name is:
Its MAC address is 00:50:56:a0:56:28 on its eth0 interface and is connected to unidentified switch port with a virtual cable. (exc
The WakeOnLAN capability of this server is supported on eth0 and eth1 but not enabled on either.
Bespoke Service Checks
- Checks that all URLs for www.sown.org.uk listed in /usr/local/sbin/htmlvalidator/urls.txt are valid HTML (for the version they describe themselves as being). This check returns WARNING with the URLs that failed validation, if any URLs could not be validated for their HTML.
- Checks http://www.sown.org.uk/wiki/Special:WantedCategories for any wanted categories. This check reports WARNING if there are any wanted categories.
- Checks http://www.sown.org.uk/wiki/Special:WantedPages for any wanted pages. This check reports WARNING if there are any wanted pages.