Meeting (to be) held on 2008/10/02 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
SOWN Projects Group (SOWN-PG)
- Wimax kit provider will be NEC, more at the end of the month, patience people.
- Mobile IPv6
- Feedback from Bunfight
Physics and Astronomy (ASTROSOC) want to try and build a Radio telescope from an old TV. They were wondering how we can help, something to investigate at some point.
A couple of people approached us regarding the fact that they can see a weak SOWN signal from [SOWN]-SUSU and are interested in buying some kit to get them online with SOWN. Saturday Surgery anyone?
The need for Faraday node was outlined, might be worth trying to get an update from Estates and Facilities on progress.
- Emailing lists, ECS, SUES, etc. What are we going to send?
- What SOWN is.
- How to use SOWN.
- Meeting info.
- Node Requests procedure.
- Shall we have a news announcement on ECS UG Homepage advertising node requests
- And the meetings + leaflets & posters in labs (clear this with Jules)
- Presentations for Introductory meetings
- Will get slides of Kirk about SensorNet Fest - already got.
- Who/how are we going to do the presentations?
- Dave T is willing to do the presentation but for the sanity of the new people i better not write it.
- It is suggested we split it into 3 sections: Basic Intro, Projects and Future. There are opportunities here to have 3 different presenters.
- Progress on Todo list
- Implementation to allow pub accounts and to allow Node Admins to add users that only work on their node.
- Do it tomorrow!
- Stuart has started writing the HOWTO guide for 802.1x, was going well until crwilliams broke the wiki.
- The need was raised to deploy a SOWN node with the ISS ESSID to see if they notice when it comes to renaming them all iSolutions. They'll wonder why they missed one via the Regex replace.