Meeting (to be) held on 2008/03/06 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
This meeting has 3 main sections and then a Developers section which is optional for those not interested in the hardcore tech issues.
SOWN Projects Group (SOWN-PG)
- SOWN press release
- SOWN Polo Shirts
- Response to emails for problematic nodes.
- Email list for node admins
- Power problem with XR5s on a Cigarette-Lighter-socket powered-node
- Can we power these boards over POE?
- How can we do range testing? (Separate car-battery | Generator? | Other-battery-pack)
- Throughput problem for IPv6 on home-nodes, will this degrade user-experience?
- This isn't a CPU-load problem, it barely hits 20% usage.
- Do the University/Janet honour a differential-services 'assured-forwarding' class?
- Test results:
- Conclusion: no desirable change. I assume we have an efficiency problem with v6 packets in Openvpn v4 tunnels, perhaps the MTU needs tweaking. Further investigation required.