Meeting (to be) held on 2008/01/10 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
- Summary of Saturday-Surgery
- Uses for 802.11a
- How should Zepler/Chemistry node be structured?
- What about home-a-nodes?
- Uses for 802.11a
- OpenDNS's politics.:
They redirect 'www.google.co.uk' to their own service. 'www.bbc.co.uk' is also redirected (might be breaking geo-location)
- Do we care?
- Progress on firewall-hole for service:mysql from auth&dev to host:mysql
- Progress on routing problem on the vlan
- Fixed, the routes are added statically on each machine, pending a better solution.
- Address-space divisions for vpn2 (route a ~/20 to vpn2 for testing nodes?)
- Is this enough space? How many nodes would connect to vpn2?
Use the first /24 (10.13.112.0) for vpn2 direct-connects. Use 112->127 as subnets for nodes connected to vpn2 (fifteen in total). Use the same direct-connect subnets and port-numbers for vpn and vpn2, (to avoid confusion!)
- Bulk mail addresses
- Summer Report
- Future Projects
- 802.11a link to the boat-yard, there is a SUSU office there
- VoIP/Telephony etc
- Intern Proposal
Sugery Update for Next Surgery
- IPv6 Deployment Plan
- Delegation of our reverse (and why not forward as well) v6 allocation.
- We should probably put DNS on 6core, and ask ECS/ISS to delegate to that.
- Nagios v3 Deployment Plan
- Do we need to set vpn to send email for the domain? (Nagios alerts)
- Zepler Node Deployment Plan
- Plans for Subversion Deployment and usage guide for Davetaz
- Summary of node handout
- Daveruss will not be at the meeting before 8pm at the earliest
Zepler Node Deployment
- Pigtail P2
- Cable R7
- Ariel A2
- Sokris Engineering net4511
- POE Injectors (1 for each end)(Dlink POE1 - PSU End)(POE3 - Node End)
- Network Cable
- 2 Bendy Screw Metal Things (for Ariel to pole)(Officially, Jubille Clips/Hose Clamps)
- Pole to Building Attachment Mechinism