Meeting (to be) held on 2007/11/29 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
- Look over node requests
- - Skipped for this week while we smooth out the process.
- Drummond Inn node?
- - No information was given.
- Summary of Saturday Surgery
- - Two New wireless-A cards have been bought.
- - Another surgery will be held this weekend to finish the work from the last.
- Logging problem with SUSU node update
- - All working, very little log-data can be kept on the node, due to its ramdisk-restrictions.
- DNS names for deployed nodes?
- box numbers (e.g. node249.sown.org.uk), or locations (e.g. granbygrove.sown.org.uk)?
- subdomain? (e.g. mynode.nodes.sown.org.uk)?
- - The format: node249.sown.org.uk will be used, all interfaces will have reverse DNS entries.
- Update on SNMP?
- - No
- Statistics page probably needs fixing as is behaving a bit oddly
- - This will be looked into,
- IPv6 firewall on 6core to protect the network, no incoming connections? [same as ECS-fw]
- - Agreed, by default there will be no incoming connections to SOWN on IPV6
- Feedback on the Press Release.
- - Feedback and suggestions for a new draft were received. This has been emailed to Stuart.
- Any questions/problems related to handing-out nodes on Wednesday?
- VPN problem
- - A web interface to show vpn server status, and a cron job to ensure all servers are running will be set up on the surgery.
- Is Thursday a better day for these meetings?
- - Yes, in future, meetings will be held on thursday.
- Fill in members list for those who haven't done so
- - The list was passed around again.
- - Could the electronic copies of contracts be printed, and kept with the nodes.