Meeting (to be) held on 2007/11/20 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
Look over node requests
The following numbers represent the IDs in the database and their approval status.
- NO: 7, 10, 13,
- YES: 11, 21, 12, 17, 18, 19 (interesting), 20 (tl), 28, 29,
- Maybe: 15,
It was discussed that a form should be created to enable easier approval of node requests. Possibly a single Google map with all the requests plotted and different coloured markers representing the state of the request. Red = rejected. Yellow = maybe. Green = approved. Blue = deployed.
Logging problem with SUSU node update
- Where to put the server, should it be externally accessible (@home nodes can log when the vpn is down)
- It was decided that sown-VPN should be a central log store and logs gathered from other servers/nodes should be stored in a way which does not limit the number we can have. The priority is to get this service running such that sown-susu is even more stable.
Moving of servers: (14 - 15th December)
- The weekend of the 14-15 December has been chosen as ISS have a scheduled down time this weekend for upgrades. It is proposed that all moving work be done on the Saturday to give us Sunday to fix anything which breaks.
- Should we schedule a reboot of each server to prove they come up properly. (saves a potential headache on the day!) ANSWER: no, see above.
Planning for SOWN surgery this Saturday (24th November)
11am this Saturday. See the new page at Workshop_-_24/11/2007
Feedback on the Press Release
Sjh was not present to advise on this.
Membership list for SUSU
Was filled in at the meeting, additional people can be added as they accept nodes from us.
Risk Assessment for SUSU filled in today by Dave Newman.