Meeting (to be) held on 2007/11/13 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
Update of progress with development network
A new power supply has been ordered for sown-6core
Two node requests were approved, 'someone' will get nodes to the lucky few.
Progress with website / admin site
- Community account request page
- Is there a list of @bugmenot.com like domains?
- No new progress on this yet, but it is not currently a high priority
- Other things to be done
- Channel-change system for Node-Administrators, currently this only works for Sown-Administrators.
Should we have a DPA 'promise'?
- eg, We will not publish your name or email address.
- eg, We will not list the number of your house, you decide how accurate the long/lat are.
- The phrase 'In accordance with the University's DPA guidelines, information submitted will only be accessible to members of the SOWN committee.' should suffice.
Removal of wiki:Summer and/or wiki:ShoppingList nodes?
This should be done as part of a wide wiki-cleanup. No-one volunteered.
- Remote logging of sown-nodes to a machine on the network should be setup, this saves sown-susu from periodically filling its ram-disk.
- Ask for Joyce Lewis's advice regarding a 'Press-Release' about SOWNs progress and current status.
- Concerns were expressed about being able to find out who people are using the reverse-DNS records. This isn't a risk as it only gives the public machine name, which is broadcast by the operating system.
- 'Someone' will create a 'What is a Sown@Home node' page on the wiki, as well as a 'How does a Sown@Home node work?'