Meeting (to be) held on 2007/07/10 at 19:00 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
- 1x vs. Splash screen - The Big Debate!
- Splash screen first
- If splashscreen work, add 1x
- SOWN[at]HOME Nodes
- Cancel Buffalo nodes
- Order 1 of each on atheros page (Sean Ford, L3 Zepler)
- User Signup
- PHP authenticate with radius server
- auth.sown.org.uk takes ecs wifi password and adds you to sown-radius
- needs pear and other packages
- Scripts are ready to go from Andrew Willmott
- RADIUS/Splashscreen authentication
- Less run on node the better
- Call back to central radius server from web interface
- Survey all Access point user configable settings, nice features to have:
- Customise SSID
- Traffic shaping (for capped adsl at home)
- Record how much traffic has been used for quotas on servers
- Backup configuration to server
- Restore configuration and see what is being pulled off server
- Bridging between private wireless and wired network an option
- Care to be taken with code injection etc.
- SSH tunnels (tun device forwarding -w localtunnel:remotetunnel?)
- Need root at both ends
- See readme.tun that comes with SSH (-w option)
ip tun ?
- Using OpenVPN for tunnels, a port for each tunnel
- Each sown[at]home node is individually identified on core node
Next meeting 17th July - Demo Room L32, Paul to let people in.