Meeting (to be) held on 2007/06/19 at 19:00 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
Previous meeting: [[|]] Next meeting: 26 June 2007 19:00:00
Summary of the points discussed at yesterday's meeting adapted from the email sent to the mailing list:
- 1. OFCOM CHEQUE
- Will be sent off ASAP.
- Question of whether the license is for one year or three years. Assumed for the time being as only one year.
- 2. SOWN INFRASTRUCTURE
- New servers, Tim hopes to get 2x1U's for us. CAN SOME ONE LINK THE SPECS FOR THESE
- Some boxes/devices may need to be turned back on, i.e. sown-nat. Speak to Andrew Landells about this.
- 3. SOWN ON CAMPUS
- Zepler Node
- Will be first to be repaired. Specs for A and B.
- Pictures of Zepler Node required.
- Nick Humfrey to come up with specs required for cables by the end of Wednesday (20/06/2007)
- Zepler Node should be the easiest to admin due to easier accesibility to the roof. This makes it a good test site for a 802.11a node.
- Chemistry Node
- Will need to liase with Estates to get access to roof of chemistry. Speak to James Fox at Estates, (see mailing list for email address). Task delegated to Dave Tarrant.
- Expect node to be ready for deployment mid-September.
- May be worth discussing the situation with Faraday. When will power/access be restored for the roof after the refurb?
- SUSU Node
- Port on sown vlan should have been set up in the clubs and socs room. This needs to be checked. Task delegated to Paul Dart.
- If port not setup contact Pete Wood (SUSU IT/Publication Manager) in SUSU so he can action it with ISS.
- Equipment Required (for all nodes):
- ECS Networks Contact - Lance Draper and John Wynn.
- Zepler Node
- 4. SOWN[at]HOME
- 5. Budget Requests
- (Data Withheld)
- 6. Audit of current equipment
- Nick & Paul go and find out about bits we have stored in the cupboard in the union. To be completed by the end of Wednesday (20/06/2007). Done here: Kitlist
- 7. Next Meeting
- Same time same place next week, i.e. Tuesday 26th June 2007 at 7pm in the Zepler Foyer.