Revision as of 15:06, 25 December 2015 by Admin (16 revisions imported: Import for current www.sown.org.uk/wiki (non-main namespaces))
Workshop (to be) held on 2009/12/12 at 11:00 in Mary Campbell Room
This is our final Workshop of 2009 and it is intended that we will go for a meal after this workshop.
- Tasks from previous meetings
- Putting the servers onto the UPS
- A QOS box adds 2% load to the UPS
- A SOWN server adds 3% load to the UPS
- Check Accessibility of the website
- Write splash page for nodes to show when the tunnel is down
- Write logic to redirect un-authed users to splash page when tunnel is down
- Fix the banned page so that the page structure/styling matches the rest of the SOWN web pages
- remove all loging to the tmp direcotry - DONE (90% need to check in a few weeks or create a nagios job)
- Clarify the behaviour of the logout button in the admin system -- it does more than log you out of the admin system. - DONE
- Adapt login logging to register set_exception_handler too.
- Prevent a community account being created for an email address that already has one
- Remove `request account' button from campus-node pages - DONE with warnings, needs checking on a campus node with a SOWN account
- Add /End Deployment/ button to individual current deployment pages - DONE
- Open FW hole to secure.ecs - 80% DONE, needs checking on a node before roll out. Note that the setup node script doesn't restart the firewall.
- Fix the server room temperature check
- Fix nagios startup issues - DONE
- fix backup? debsums checks
- Add dodgyactivity scripts to backup! - DONE
- shuffle DNS gateway vpn auth blackhole
- discuss and fix the dns blackholes to have a consistant policy, blackhole dns on gw and auth, non-blackhole on vpn?
- get overbandwidth code to log users out remotely, then remove 1 cron job and scripts from the nodes
- inestigate blocking user agents
- Investigate possible integer-overflow in the bandwidth limiting code