monitor.sown.org.uk is SOWN's monitoring server.
It has a Xeon Core i7 processor with 2GiB
It was acquired in the 28 January 2011.
The server's operating system is Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS) running on Linux Kernel 3.13.0-xx-server (x86_64).
The server also has the following software installed on it:
This server is connected to the SOWN VLAN, with the IP addresses:
Its DNS name is:
Its MAC address is 00:50:56:a0:00:aa on its eth1 interface and is connected to port with a virtual cable
This server is also connected to an ECS DMZ VLAN, with the IP addresses:
Its DNS name is:
Its MAC address is 00:50:56:a0:00:a8 on its eth0 interface and is connected to port with a virtual cable
The WakeOnLAN capability of this server is supported on eth0 and eth1 but not enabled on either.
Bespoke Service Checks
- Checks that the client certificate to download Icinga and other configuration generated on Sown-auth2 is not expired. This is checked via an Admin Site check script and returns CRITICAL if the certificate has expired or will expire in the next 30 days. It reports WARNING if the certificate will expire in the next 90 days.
- Checks that only 2 or 3 ido2db processes are running. This returns CRITICAL if the number of processes running is not 2 or 3.
- Checks if the Nagios (Icinga) API is access on this server on port 8080 (over IPv4, specifically requesting /state). This check reports CRITICAL if it has not received a response after 10 seconds. It reports WARNING for responses longer than 3 seconds.
- Uses /usr/local/bin/lsof_nsca to check that at least one nsca process is running using the configuration at /etc/nsca.cfg. This check reports CRITICAL if more or no processes like this are running.
- Uses /usr/local/bin/lsof_nsca_xor to check that at least one nsca process is running using the configuration at /etc/nsca-xor.cfg. This check reports CRITICAL if more or no processes like this are running.
|Acquired date||January 28, 2011 +|
|Case||VMWare Virtual Server +|
|Cpu||Xeon Core i7 +|
|Harddrive||20 GiB (20,480 MiB, 20,971,520 KiB, 0.0195 TiB) +|
|Kernel||Linux Kernel 3.13.0-xx-server (x86_64) +|
|Location||Astro House VMWare Cluster (iSolutions/VMware) +|
|Memory||2 GiB (2,048 MiB, 2,097,152 KiB, 0.00195 TiB) +|
|Networkinterfaces||2x Gigabit virtual +|
|Operating system||Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS) +|
|WakeOnLAN||supported on eth0 and eth1 but not enabled on either +|