Meeting (to be) held on 2008/03/20 at 19:00 in Faculty Board Room
13 March 2008 19:00
17 April 2008 19:00
This meeting was held using SOWN VoIP. This meeting was the first SOWN meeting to be held using VoIP.
After difficulties in getting VoIP clients to connect to the server, the conference call was attended by five SOWN members, connected across the internet and the SOWN network. It is believed that connections from the ECS VPN do not work, due to the firewall between it and the DMZ in which sown-dev lies.
Attempts were made to record the call but these turned out to be unsuccessful. Further investigation into this problem is required.
Contact details are as follows:
- Those on other VoIP networks with a peering with FWD:
- Tidy up
- Installation of plugins
- The Semantic MediaWiki install should be possible, but is to be requested in the final week of the vacation
- New Website
- Agreed that the new banner design is acceptable and is to be rolled out to all SOWN web pages and the wiki.
- Some changes to be made to the links in the header
- Front page still needs re-writing to 'advertise' SOWN
- SOWN is expected to experience significant usage during the Open Repositories Conference 2008 in the first week of April as nodes are going to be deployed to supplement ISS coverage.
- Nagios will be set up to monitor these nodes so that the IRC channel is not spammed with notifications.