Meeting:2011/06/30

From SOWNWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting (to be) held on 2011/06/30 at 18:30 in Access Grid Room

Previous meeting: 23 June 2011 18:30:00 Next meeting: 7 July 2011 18:30:00


Minutes

Amateur Radio (18:30-19:00)

  • Rallies (mike)
    • WestRally 26/6/11
    • IVARC 8/7/11 (phil)


  • Bunfight Ideas (phil)
    • "What is Amateur Radio" leaflet

Would like to get some space outside for the week of freshers week and a table inside for the bunfight.

  • AOB


Joint Agenda (19:00-19:15)


  • Bank account status (Savetaz)
    • Membership fees collection
    • RSGB affiliation

Unable to progress due to issues with access to bank account


We now need 25 full members of the club, this is against the SUSU constitution however it has been decided that it would be easier to comply if possible.


SOWN (19:15-20:00)

  • Admin Tasks

Label printer and batteries have arrived. daveruss has already labeled some stuff.

Lightning protector has arrived, N-Kit has already arrived so kit order is now complete. Lightning protectors only go up to 3Ghz however.

New cert has been obtained, we just need to push out the new chain.

    • Move SOWN and trunk ports to the Access Grid room (daveruss)

Need to obtain a switch port on the north side of the building to patch in the ports.

daveruss believes that this is fixed.

SjH has rolled out a solution to his node which is ready to be rolled out to the network.


Daveruss will send an email

Daveruss is chasing for an update.

Some new surveys has been done in buildings on the Highfield campus. Avenue campus has yet to be mapped. In a couple of weeks DaveTaz intends to meet with Dave Key.

DaveTaz has had a meeting regarding how to display check in Ichinga. They have decided to produce a matrix showing what protocols are available for peer authentication and direct checks in an easy to view way. Planning to allow SOWN nodes to bridge onto the Eduroam VLAN on campus for transparent roaming.

Getting allong, have made some good progress at the workshop. All Eduroam configuration appears to be present however have not been able to test it yet. Have got Softflow working however Colin has broken everything. Data is still being logged to RRDs however the front end is broken.

      • Workshop review
      • NetFlow collection: collection by promisc. interface or through iptables ULOG?

Using softflow for now but may look into ulog.

    • Rebuilding VPN

This has been decided to take a back seat vs the node building


Icinga seems to be working well and has been able to diagnose some power failure issues correctly.


  • AOB

Kit ordering stuff, need to put in an order for new kit by mid July. Proposed purchases: VoIP card - Stuart to draft email requesting connectivity into University PBX. Need to find out if we will use an E1 or SIP trunk. N Nodes Cabling for 6509 (optical fibers)

Facts about "2011/06/30"
Has date18:30:00, 30 June 2011 +
Has end date20:00:00, 30 June 2011 +
Has location32/3073 +