Meeting (to be) held on 2010/01/28 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room
- Power cut issues?
- All servers on the UPS stayed online during the outage.
- Sown-dev did not come back up due to problems with the latest unstable release of grub. This has now been fixed.
- Downed nodes
- Stags Head and Annex nodes both needed manually rebooting in order to restore their connection to the network. This was due to them losing the cron job that restarts the vpn tunnel. The job has been added to the new cron system, but needs to be rolled out to all nodes.
- SOWN[at]HOME Nodes
- Archers Road
- Monks Way
- This is now up.
- Steep Close
- Node Requests
- No progress
- Halls' Bars' nodes
- Harefield Road Node (daveruss)
- Buying New Nodes (Davetaz)
- Davetaz is continuing to monitor this.
- Admin tasks
- The new cron system was demonstrated by Davetaz. Morse commented that we should not update the crontab too often as it writes to the flash.
- We would like to get Nagios to monitor the number of users on each node, and to warn when there are no users within a certain time period.
- For home nodes, this limit is to be one user per week.
- For campus nodes, this limit is to be one user per day (during the week).
- Updates on Projects