Meeting (to be) held on 2008/09/25 at 19:00 in Faculty Board Room
SOWN Projects Group (SOWN-PG)
- There has been an external meeting regarding this and we have not yet heard the result of this.
- Mobile IPv6
- Problems have been identified with pf which do not exist in ip6tables. As a result, ECS's IPv6 firewall (formerly using BSD) is to be replaced by a linux based firewall solution. This also solves problems with multicast.
- A patch has been written to make mip6d respond to and understand the multicast group for home agents.
- Once these changes have been implemented, the ECS DMZ (where various multicast sources exist) will be able to multicast both internally and the rest of the world. This allows complete mobile IPv6 support on all segments of the ECS/SOWN networks.
- Sown-6core is being decomissioned (temporarily at least) because ECS are allowing us to use their IPv6 firewall as SOWN's IPv6 firewall and router.
- This enables SOWN to be more integrated with the ECS network, being part of it's site-local (5) scope.
- User:StuartHarland has been writing some documentation regarding the above issues.
- Loaning Nodes to non-University people
- Due to the fact that the nodes were purchased using the undergraduate labs budget, it is vital that their deployment maximises benefit to those students. As such, we regret that we are unable to loan nodes to non-university people at this time.
- We would like to allow other people to peer with our network using RADIUS and off the shelf access points, but we need to do some work to set this up.
- Mesh networking - Dependent on the Mesh networks guy being able to attend
- Outcomes from Societies meeting
- attended by User:StuartHarland and User:DavidNewman
- We have no budget from the Student's Union this year
- Presence at the Bunfight
- Introductory Meetings
- Possibility of allowing Node Admins to add users that only work on their node
- Add to the Todo list - like a pub account, which also needs implementing.
- Community Account Requests
- Systems have been fixed to allow community accounts to be created.
- daveruss cleared backlog of accounts on the morning of 23/09/2008 and are up to date as of this meeting
- New sown-bot
- This is almost ready to become out main sown-bot. Needs some more features first.
- Soekris Board
- This is apparently on its way back to us, and we are being charged for its return.
- 802.11b Amplifier
- We will buy one once we can afford one. They are around £60.
- Progress on Todo list