Meeting:2008/03/13

From SOWNWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting (to be) held on 2008/03/13 at 19:00 in Mary Campbell Room

Previous meeting: 6 March 2008 19:00:00 Next meeting: 20 March 2008 19:00:00


Minutes

SOWN Projects Group (SOWN-PG)

  • Progress on:
    • SOWN VoIP
      • Possible PCI T1 Cards rhino digium
        • Before buying a card, investigate how to get a digital line and what ISS/ECS will provide. Email Neil Beauman about phone details.
      • Issues with multiple interfaces/NAT traversal
        • Bind VoIP to SOWN interface
    • 802.1x
      • WPA Supplicant will work with 1x, built into ubuntu and works
    • Location Tracking
      • Make a web based API to interface with it

Other Issues

  • Zepler B deployment
    • Walkies Talkies + risk assessment forms to Daveruss
  • SOWN press release. See Current Draft (v4)
    • Joyce working on this
  • SOWN Polo Shirts
    • Payment and collections for those who haven't already done so
  • Response to emails for problematic nodes.
  • Wiki
  • Website SVN
  • SOWN Portal
  • Feedback from Saturday Surgery
    • 400m 802.11a ranged test. signal: -70dbm noise: -88dmb quality: 25/70
  • IPv6 Throughput Problem
Network v4 v6
Paul 182Kb/s 40Kb/s
morse 268Kb/s 233Kb/s
crwilliams/jonl 191Kb/s 186Kb/s
    • After testing with another node this must be due to Demon Internet traffic shaping. Solution: Don't use Demon Internet for your ADSL
  • AOB
... more about "2008/03/13"
19:00:00, 13 March 2008 +
20:00:00, 13 March 2008 +