|PC Engines ALIX 2C2|
|PC Engines ALIX 2C2|
- 256MB RAM
- 1x Flash card slot
- 2x Mini-PCI card slots
- 2x LAN ports
- 2x USB ports
- 1x Serial port
See LinITX website for more details.
Came with 0.98d, we have upgraded to 0.99.
Instructions with FreeDOS of how to do it are http://www.pcengines.ch/freedos.htm , and can be done from Windows XP. Rub sb.com on the card on the board to flash BIOS.
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] CS5536 [Geode companion] Host Bridge (rev 31) 00:01.2 Entertainment encryption device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Geode LX AES Security Block 00:09.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6105M [Rhine-III] (rev 96) 00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6105M [Rhine-III] (rev 96) 00:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006X 802.11abg NIC (rev 01) 00:0f.0 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] CS5536 [Geode companion] ISA (rev 03) 00:0f.2 IDE interface: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] CS5536 [Geode companion] IDE (rev 01) 00:0f.4 USB Controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] CS5536 [Geode companion] OHC (rev 02) 00:0f.5 USB Controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] CS5536 [Geode companion] EHC (rev 02 )
Flashing with OpenWRT
1. Put OpenWRT image on Compact Flash card with dd. Input is the image file, x86 architecture. Output is CF device
# CHECK /dev/sda IS CORRECT! dd if=/download/openwrt-x86-squashfs.image of=/dev/sda # flush any remaining writes to the filesystem. sync
2. Boot into OpenWRT as normal (remembering telnet only enabled first, passwd to set password then use ssh)
3. Install madwifi
4. Follow usual config
Connecting over Serial
Using USB to RS232 converter
1. Make sure Gender Changer and Null Modem adapters are connected.
2. Connect USB to laptop (Linux preferably) and then connect to powered up (for long enough to finish booting) ALIX board.
3. Run the following line to find the device name for the board:
sudo grep -r pl2303 /var/log/messages*
4. Connect to the device using the following line for minicom (replace ttyUSB0 as appropriate):
sudo minicom -b 38400 -D /dev/ttyUSB0
5. You should have a terminal as like you SSH-ed in.
Installing OpenWRT Backfire
Assuming sdX1 already has Grub installed on it with the appropriate Linux kernel.
1. Download OpenWRT Backfire 10.03 x86 image from:
2. Backup old image (optional)
dd if=/dev/sdX of=/path/to/backup/image.fs
3. Write the image to the flash using dd, then flush writes to the filesystem
dd if=/path/to/image/openwrt-x86-ext2.fs of=/dev/sdX2 sync
Generic instructions for this can be found here.
- Node box numbers in the 500-599 range should be used.
Sown Firmware Install
To Be Done